Archive for the ‘Widgets’ Category
K, a quick post this time. Rolled out some new changes to make things much easier. Good news is that they’re totally obvious so we don’t need to offer a lot of explanations:
- New mixtape play controls. They’re not perfect, but good enough for you guys.
- New widget menu under the widget with:
- Improved favorites selection
- Show/hide sharing control panel (because we were tired of seeing it too)
- Mixtape playlist
Yes, you can now see the mixtape’s playlist before you hit play.
Yes, it’s currently only on the website.
Yes, we will have playlists in the mixtape widget soon.
Yes, you can look up (and buy?) tracks via Amazon mp3.
More soon. Enjoy =)
We really want to give a huge shout-out and thank you to the WordPress team for busting their patooties and getting this out. Even Mixwit uses WordPress, so now we can finally post mixtapes ourselves! Enjoy!
[mixwit_mixtape wid="fd50e5aa51a0cba94815ff1a68e56923" pid="e2d6fed2d9069fe3c23ad57481bbc7da" width="426" height="327" center="true"]
[Quick note: we've had tons of requests for embedding mixtapes into the sidebar. We're working on it, but it will be a couple of weeks before it'll be finished. I guess it's a bit more complicated...]
Several major and minor features have been added to the Mixmaker and Mixtape so naturally the entire Mixwit team (both of us) are really excited to see what everyone does with them.
1) Share your mixtapes anywhere. On your blog. Myspace. Facebook. Anywhere online.
2) Add your own image to your mixtape: Make your mixtape your own.
3) Mixtape template PDF: We’ve posted a downloadable PDF template to enable you to accurately create your own skins.
4) Public alpha: No more alpha-user login box (i.e. no more “hamburger1″). The private testing is complete, but the project is still alpha quality (until a few more core features can be completed).
1) Image control: Your image is masked by the mixtape body, or can fill the whole tape. You can also scale the image and click & drag the image to make it look it’s best.
2) Text editing: You have options for editing and moving the text labels around, including click-and drag positioning. You can also double click on the text to enter your title and alias.
(quick note: the text editing & image dragging features will seem a bit quirky. We plan to expand these features pretty quickly, so the quirkiness will be resolved then.)
3) Glossiness: has been greatly increased to give users more
bling contrast. This was rolled out last week, but we want to mention it for the early users, because old mixtapes are going to look extra-shiny.
4) New gears and spooled tape: We’ve replaced the schlocky gears with real-ish gears. Woot. The cool part is actually the spooled mag tape: It acts like real… uh… spooled tape. You’ll see.
5) Add your own track: Now you can add any track that you can find on the web.
6) Bug fixes: We still can’t claim to be bug free, but we squashed quite a few the past week. Most notably we worked out most of the kinks with Internet Explorer. Big thanks to everyone who reported bugs and an especially big thanks to Jake for lending us the windows box. Keep the reports coming!
There’s a ton of extra tweaks beyond these (like the addition of this blog), but why say more? Go play!